- You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to all queries within 24hours. Our team works Monday to Friday 9am until 5.30pm. For information on our Edinburgh stores please contact the relevant shop. Please note that they are unable to answer any questions about your online shopping experience or products that you are buying online.
2. How do I know if what I have purchased will fit me?
- We want you to be happy with your purchases and ask all customers to carefully read the sizes provided. We always state what the vintage size label reads and what the modern UK size is, as sizes have changed over the years! We measure all our clothing in inches, laid out flat to ensure the sizing is accurate.
3. I have seen something I loved online but is no longer there, what can I do?
- Unfortunately most of our items are completely one of a kind, and when it is gone it’s gone! Please act quickly if you have your heart set on something. We do list products daily though so keep an eye on our stock.
4. How do you determine the condition of an item?
- As all of our items are second hand / vintage we take great pride in being completely honest with our customers. All of our items are steamed before they are listed and any flaws will be photographed. We ask our customers to read descriptions carefully and please see our condition guide for more information.
5. What payment methods do you accept online?
- We accept payments through Paypal and all major credit / debit cards, excluding American Express. We do not accept payments over the phone.
6. My payment has been declined. What happens next?
- This can happen for a number of reasons. We would advise you double check that you have entered the correct details (such as the expiry date, billing address etc). If the problem persists we suggest you contact your card provider or Paypal. If all of these things are in working order please contact us by email and we will do our best to help.
7. Can I collect from one of your stores?
- If you are in Edinburgh you are welcome to collect your item from us to save on postage charges. You can only collect from our store based at 64-66 Clerk Street, EH8 9JB, and we will email you to let you know that your order is ready for collection.
8. How will I know when my order has been shipped / tracking my order?
- Orders placed before 12pm will be processed the same day Monday - Friday. Orders placed at the weekend will then be processed for delivery on Monday morning. Once your lovely vintage pieces have been packed you will receive a tracking number. Depending on which service you have selected this will either be with DPD or Royal Mail. If you have selected Royal Mail 24 for packages weighing up to 1KG there will be no tracking number issued.
9. What is your return policy?
- We are happy to resolve any issues. We will refund any faulty items for the value paid, original postage and return postage. Please provide proof of postage costs incurred to support this. We will refund unsuitable items for the original value paid only. Please contact us within 7 days of receiving your item and return in original condition within 14 days. We require a full 30 days from initial purchase to process refunds and this is inclusive of dispatch.
10. Can I return items to one of your stores?
- We can only accept returns to our Clerk Street store. If you live in Edinburgh and would like to do this personally we advise you email us first, we operate Monday - Friday 10am until 5.30pm.
11. Do you purchase items from individuals?
- Armstrongs does not purchase items from individuals as we source all of our garments and accessories independently and we do not buy back any items previously bought from Armstrongs.